We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Sam Edelman loafers you can ~slide~ right on no matter whether you're wearing dress pants, jeans, or even a dress.
Promising review: "These shoes are a favorite! I ordered the black after having a beet red color for about a year and a half. They were comfortable right out of the box, the leather is supple, and they look high quality. I am very happy with my purchase. These are often compared to the Brixton loafer from a high-end fashion brand." —Christine
Get them from Amazon for $150 (available in sizes 4–12 and five colors).
2. Lace-up boots made from recycled wool and repurposed plastic that are perfect for hikers and nonhikers alike.
Thesus is a POC woman-led small business based in Ontario, Canada, creating sustainable outdoor footwear that looks good and is comfortable. They use material that's 90% sustainable and traceable.
Promising review: "I really love these boots. They are extremely comfortable and there was no breaking in period. I sized up as recommended, and they fit perfectly. I can wear them with an insole and thick socks. If you plan to wear them with just a thin sock, you could probably stick to your usual size. I’ve gone on several hikes since getting these, and they don’t rub at all. I think I’ll end up getting another color because I like them so much. And they look cute!" —Norah
Get it from Thesus for $198 (available in EU sizes 36–46 and 11 colors).
3. Some Mary Jane pumps that may just be one of the coolest pairs of shoes I've ever seen. Not only does the design scream, "LET THEM EAT CAKE," but there's also an attachment to transform them from a buckle shoe to a lace-up shoe. So you're basically getting two amazing shoes for the price of one.
Promising review: "I've been watching these shoes for a while because it seems size 10 always run out. When I got the alert they restocked, I HAD to jump on it. First, these are definitely the cutest pair of heels that I've ever had on my feet. Just perfect to spice up an outfit for work, a night on the town, or just to wear when you feel like it. Second, I may have paid a pretty penny, but for the quality, the comfort, and the adorable design, it was definitely worth it. They come in the cutest cake box packaging with a set of replacement heel caps (I don't know what they're officially called). And I just get a kick out of the guillotine on the heel. They fit exactly as expected. Don't size up like some reviews say, if you're a standard 10, these will fit like a gem." —Kaybeline
Get them from Amazon for $104.99+ (available in whole sizes 5–11 and in 14 colors).
4. On Running training shoes designed specifically with cushioning and stability in them so you can move in any direction — which is great if you're taking a fitness class. Plus, they're made to be lightweight to not weigh you down as you work to ~crush~ those fitness goals. Look at you go!
Promising review: "I have bought just about every sneaker from A to Z over the years...I really want COMFORT and a cute shoe that didn’t look like it came from a medical supply company. Let me tell you...these shoes are the WINNER, hands down! Don’t just wonder...go get them and try them on. You will NOT leave without a pair. I bought two pairs of these puppies...it is like walking on a cloud. It is AMAAAAAZING I PROMISE you!!!" —OCMommy
Get them from Nordstrom for $139.99 (available in sizes 5–10.5 and in four colors).
5. A pair of Franco Sarto mid-calf boots practically begging you to take them on every adventure you go on this winter. And when you wear these, you know that you won't be walking down the street but S-T-R-U-T-T-I-N-G.
Promising review: "They are very good boots! I've bought three pairs of them so far, and I'm happy with all of them! I especially like the felling of the boots! I suggest to buy one size bigger and wear them with thicker socks, and you will feel even more comfortable! Hope this helps!" —NTHCC
Get it from Amazon for $95+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in 13 colors).
6. Chelsea boots you can keep in your closet and grab them whenever you're not quite sure what to wear, but need a sturdy pair of shoes that will look good.
Thursday Boot Company suggests ordering a half size up from your normal size (aka your boot size).
Promising review: "I’ve bought from Thursday in the past, and I always love their boots and get so many compliments. They’re well made and go with everything. They’re definitely worth the price. I’ve had some pairs for years, and they hold up in every kind of weather! 10/10 recommend!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $160 (available in sizes 5–11 and in eight colors).
7. A pair of Rothy flats made out of repurposed water bottles so they're super comfortable right out of the box and won't give you nasty blisters. Plus, they're made to last, so you'll find they look just as good five years down the line.
8. Doc Martens combat boots so reliable, you can wear them through rain, sleet, and even snow without compromising your style.
9. A pair of clogs you ~wood~ be caught wearing all the time because they're cute and different, yet extremely comfortable.
Promising review: "I love these clogs. I wore them for 10 hours right out of the box with no issues whatsoever. They are cute, super comfy, and feel really good on your feet. The soles are pretty slip-proof, and the leather is pretty soft so no breaking in is required. Love them!!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $94.51+ (available whole sizes 6–11 and in 11 colors).
10. Naturalizer slingbacks with the slightest heel and classy pointed toe. These will be your go-to shoe for work, date nights, and everything in between.
Promising review: "With all my foot problems, I was resigned to only wearing sneakers with orthotics and sandals. I am happy to say these shoes are buttery soft and comfortable. I got the wide fit and am searching for the next cute pair to purchase. They are pricey, so I have to pace myself, but so worth it!" —Vivian
Get them from Amazon for $95 (available in sizes 4—12, wide, and in 15 colors).
11. Greats sneakers you really can't go wrong with, because they'll go with everything in your closet and live up to their name at the same time.
12. A pair of steel-toed slip-on Dr. Martens boots perfect for those in-between weather days when it's cold and drizzly, but not enough that you want to pull out your full-on rain boots. These boots will protect you from the weather (and keep your feet warm) while matching your outfit completely.
Promising review: "Super cute and durable. They look adorable with any outfit; dress them up with pants or down with jeans. Overall, they fit true to size. They can become a little uncomfortable after a long day of wearing them, but they are durable with a thick sole and hold up to rain. I have always loved Dr. Martens, and these live up to their good quality and staple pieces." —christa kraftician
Get it from Amazon for $111.05+ (available in whole sizes 5–11).
13. Everlane flats designed to mold to your feet the more you wear them so eventually it will basically feel like you're not wearing any shoes at all.
14. Asics running shoes one reviewer called the "best running shoes on Earth," which is very high praise. But with the cushioning, support, and super-cool design, I'm sure you'll figure out this review was right all along.
Promising review: "I like the comfort and the fit of these shoes. I have been using Asics for several year, and they keep me coming back. Very good quality and comfort. Although they are high priced, in my opinion, the quality is worth the investment. The sizing was spot-on with the measurements I received from a shoe store. Sizing has been consistent style to style." —Jerri
Get them from Amazon for $74.56+ (available in sizes 5–12.5, wide, and in 18 colors).
15. A knee-high boot that actually comes in eight different calf widths, so if you struggle to find tall boots that actually fit you, this might be your solution. Plus, the waterproof material and memory foam insoles ensure that you can wear these all the dang time.
Get it from DuoBoots for $361 (available in sizes UK 2–10 and in eight calf widths).
16. Sam Edelman combat boots with such a striking look you'll be able to ~combat~ whatever the day throws your way when you're wearing them. Plus, the calf is made from a stretchy knit material sure to fit your legs perfectly.
Promising review: "These boots are sooooo cute! I wore them walking around NY and loved them! I felt very comfortable. They have a good supportive stretch to the ankle and calf. Where have they been my whole life?" —Ben West
Get them from Amazon for $89 (available in women's sizes 5–11 and in three colors).
17. A high-heel pump enabling you to wear a classic style in your skin tone (the company offers 10 different shades of nude). The insole also has two layers of memory foam padding for an extra dose of comfort.
This Black woman-owned small business is on a mission to create a nude color for every skin tone. After having to paint a pair of white heels to match her skin tone, founder Jamela A Acheampong wanted to start a company that celebrated the diversity of the human complexion and gave everyone the perfect "nude" shoe. The heels are ethically and sustainably handmade in Italy.
Promising review: "My partner surprised me with these months after I mentioned them to him in passing. What a HOME RUN gift. They fit true to size (just a bit of room to allow for swelling while wearing heels), and they are THE MOST COMFORTABLE heels I’ve ever worn. Butter soft leather, beautiful construction, my exact skin tone, I could talk forever about these shoes. Plus, what a cool company! 10/10. I will be buying more for my next birthday!" —Ainsley
Get them from Kahmune for $395+ (available in sizes EU 35–44 and in 10 shades in either matte or suede).
18. Sorel winter boots worth the investment because there's no reason to mess around when it comes to winter. Reviewers who live in super cold climates (we're talking Minnesota) rave about how these boots keep their feet warm, even in super cold temperatures.
Promising review: "These boots were comfortable the first day. They kept my feet warm, which my other cheaper boots didn't, even with wool socks on. With these boots, I only wore one pair of normal socks, and I had no cold toes! These are well worth the money!!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $125.24+ (available in sizes 5–12 and in four colors).
19. Timeless block-heel mules one blister-prone BuzzFeed Shopping writer confirms are comfortable right out of the box, even while worn on a 20-minute walk to dinner. And that's a stamp of approval on these beauties if I've ever heard one.
Ma’am Shoes is a woman-owned small business creating beautiful and comfortable shoes you can wear for years.
BuzzFeed writer Danielle Healy says: "Sometimes it feels like my feet are made of paper with how easily they blister. So when a brand markets itself as having a focus on stylish comfort, I am all ears. Fresh out of the box, I wore these red beauties out to dinner (a 20-minute walk each way) and my feet were no worse for wear. So I decided to put them through the ultimate test — a wedding. Even after hours of dancing, my feet felt great and I got loads of compliments. A statement shoe that really does look and feel great? *Big swoon.*"
Get them from Ma’am Shoes for $300+ (available in sizes 4.5–11 and in five colors).
20. A pair of Rainbow wave sneakers your arches will be thanking you for purchasing because they are not only fun and add a pop of color to your outfit, but they also have Ortholite insoles.
Promising review: "Gorgeous leather, colorful and vibrant — an amazing shoe! Not super comfy right off, but with wear (thick socks at first) it will form to a custom fit. These shoes can be dressed down to sweats or dressed way up to dresses to stunning effect! Buy them, you won’t regret the purchase!" —HeatherS
Get them from Amazon for $132.05+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in white and blue).
21. Infinity Glide sneakers I can personally attest are some of the comfiest sneakers I've ever put on my feet. They're made with a knit material you can slide right on and off your foot, no problem.
Avre is a Taiwanese American-owned small business making sustainable footwear for women.
These sneakers from Avre are one of my favorite pairs of shoes. I've had them for almost two years now, and I wear them all the time. Since they're made of knit fabric, they stretch right onto your foot and are super comfortable. Plus, the chunky heel adds a bit of extra style. I mostly wear them with leggings and joggers (because that’s what I live in), but I have worn them with jeans too. They do run big, so I would size down a half size. I also love that they’re made from recycled water bottles, as I’ve been trying to be a little more conscious with my purchases.
Get them from Avre for $145 (available in sizes 5–10 and in five colors).
22. Steve Madden animal-print sneakers in a mix of animal prints to help show off your ~wild~ side. And by wild side, I mean your ability to pair these with everything you have in your closet knowing your feet will not be screaming at you at the end of the day.
23. A pair of Sorel Chelsea boots made to be fully waterproof. Gone are the days when you have to wear really ugly shoes when it's raining because you don't want to ruin your favorite cute pair. These boots can (and will) be both for you.
24. And a tassel mule that will basically be a party on your feet. It will be really hard for you to be in a bad mood when you look down at your feet and you're rocking these amazing shoes. And just think about the number of compliments you'll get while wearing them. Amazing!
Bells & Becks is a woman-owned small business founded by Tamar Miller that creates high-quality shoes that are stylish and unique. The styles are handcrafted in Italy by artisans who make shoes for luxury brands. These flats are made to cover your foot without slipping and have padded insoles.
Promising review: "I purchased my first pair of these 18 months ago, and they are my go-to shoes ALL THE TIME! They are comfortable, easy to walk in, great looking, and they go with everything. They run true to size, and because they are slides, they are accommodating. They also last — these shoes are made for walking. In style!" —Rosalind M.
Get it from Bells & Becks for $355 (available in sizes 6—11 and in six colors).
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.